Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 28...Amazing!

I have been sticking to the new format of reading from Proverbs every day.  I has been a very convicting but fruitful experience.  The Lord has put several things on my heart lately.  I feel the most important is a new search for true Wisdom.  I am experiencing a reformation that is beautiful but also a little uncomfortable.  Spiritual growth always is.  I am not wanting to leave my faith but evangelize within it through my Domestic Church.  It is a desire for Orthodoxy and simplification in my life.  That is the uncomfortable part; Catholics can be a lethargic lot.  I am already experiencing friction.  I think that when you have been given a gift it is hard to see its value.  We live in a society that moral relativism is rampant.  I am picking the "board out of my own eye" when I tell you I have succumbed on many, many occasions.  I am at a crossroads in my life and it is about to change in a way that is beyond words.  I am bringing my children home in order to prepare them for Heaven.  The task seems enormous but I know that it is God's will.  I am prepared for spiritual warfare because I know that anytime you prepared to put Him first the enemy is there to try and spoil your plans.  I call it the five D's: doubt, discouragement, diversion, defeat, and delay.  Right on cue the doorbell just rang.  It is my new curriculum.  God's timing is perfect!  

Proverbs 28:8 He who trusts in himself is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom is safe.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Prayer: Lord help me to not conform to this world.  Help me to look to you for what is right and keep Your Commandments.  Give me Wisdom to raise my children and prepare them for eternity with You.  Amen.

No comments: