Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 14, 2010

40 Day Devotional-Day 14-Courage




“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” Ralph Waldo Emerson


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."Proverbs 3:5-6


"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."Proverbs 16:3


"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."Hebrew 11:1


The simple message today is be unique. Be yourself. God created you to do something amazing. You are the only one that can do it. The only way that you can accomplish it is to remain steadfast in your faith and keep your eyes on Him. It is so easy in this day in age to get DISTRACTED. Don't look at other people and what they are doing with their life! That is not your path. Don't listen to negative talk or criticism. I can't tell you how many times I have heard "You are doing what?" I have learned not to take it personal and go on. You don't have to explain yourself to everyone. Chris and I are in the unique position of being the parents of a child with Autism. We learned very quickly that sometimes the professionals don't have all of the answers. It has definately helped us to 'think outside the box.' We have learned to rely on God and trust our instincts. It has served us very well. There is a 90% divorce rate for parents of special needs kids. We are still together and very in love after 15 years. We have four amazing children and a network of friends and family that we are very, very blessed to have. God always provides for our needs and we just don't worry anymore. We know we are doing what God intended us to do. We are supposed to be making Saints.
Today's Prayer: Lord, help me to remain steadfast in my faith. Help me to resist the temptation to look at others as my yardstick. Help me only to look at you. Help me not to covet or envy. Also, help me to 'train up my child' so I can watch my children grow in their faith. Protect my children from harm. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.