Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

40 day devotional-Day 18

Okay, I found this new blog and it ROCKS!  She did 30 days of prayers for Autism awareness month in April.  Short, sweet, to the point.  I am changing my format to not be so "wordy."  Laughs!  Through her blog I also found TONS of other bloggers with special needs kids.  Truly inspirational and amazing people.  The thing that inspired me the most is there are literally thousands of people out there walking this same road with me.  I am not alone even when I am stuck at home when I am too tired or afraid to venture out.    They get what I am saying.  The Internet is full of junk but it can be such a blessing  if you know where to look.  Recently, I wrote about how Willow's destructiveness guards me against materialism. 
"Liberality-Okay, if you are not a follower of my blog, you will get the condensed version. We are broke. Literally gave up everything so that my daughter would have even the slimmest chance at a good quality of life. I really could care less what we have or if it gets broken. I am not the least bit attached to anything but my DH and kids. Most people say they aren't materialistic but you should see the way they chase my daughter around so she won't break anything."
I got a well intentioned (anonymous) comment by someone who obviously does not live with Autism, or me, about why some people chase my daughter around.  I deleted it.  They don't get it, at allThis person does.  This article touched me so deeply.  I can't begin to tell you.  She talks about things being "broken" and how God sees them whole, perfect.  The Great Healer.  I pray that today, that we find a cure for Autism.  I pray that someday my daughter can look at me and talk.  That she can can get married, have children, become a nun...or whatever she wants.  More than anything I pray that if God chooses not to heal her that he give me the wisdom to care for her and teach her.  I also pray that God surrounds her with loving people that are kind...and tolerant (Matthew 25:31-46). 

    

1 comment:

LoveItHere said...

I have to say that the internet has helped and hindered me as a mom. Overall, I'd say "helped" though because it was only through searching that I found I am not the only one struggling with what some might think are "weird" issues. (Poo parties, for one thing!) lol

It's hindered me in that I might spend a little too much time on the web...trying to get away from the issues in the real world. So I've been working on that, because I figure I'll always have the internet, but I only have so long with all my kids here at home!!!

I am thankful for friends like you.

Have a good day!