Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 27-What I'm contemplating


Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

The fruit of the womb is a reward.

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,

So are the children of one's youth.

How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them;

They will not be ashamed

When they speak with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3, 4, 5 
NASB

I spoke to an old friend the other day.  I sponsored her through RCIA and it has been years since we have talked.  She is doing amazing but things have changed a little.  She has six beautiful daughters and is part of the fundamentalist "quiver full movement."  I think that this is probably the only protestant church that I agree with most of what they are saying.  It is the same faith as the Duggars.  When the liberal press describes this religion it says "they are more Catholic than Catholics."  They are completely open to life, Biblically based, and many opt to Homeschool their children.  They have very similar convictions to a small number of Orthodox Catholics left in our Church (92% of Catholic women are on the pill or have preformed some type of permanent sterilization).  I have looked up several of their sights and I am planning on using some of their tools for homeschooling.  One of the things that I loved was called "Wisdom Searching" scripture meditation.  I downloaded the e-book and I am using it as a guide.  I also loved Managers of Their Homes.  I already started my own version (see the sidebar).  Wish me luck.  I started today and I got up at 5:00 am.  The messages from Medjugorje speak of Wisdom from the Bible.  Our Lady of Peace says that we should be reading the Bible every day.  This is my next habit I will be working on.  I want to start a daily scripture meditation and Bible Study.  I am working on character values for the children.  They are doing so well, especially Alex.  I can feel God leading us to the "Narrow Path."  It is a difficult but Grace filled journey. 

No comments: