Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 31-Abundance


When Landon gets tired his favorite word is "No!"  He will argue with EVERYTHING you say.  My life is in a very, very good place right now.  My marriage is great, my house is in order, and my kids have never been better.  I think it is because I have my priorities straight and He has lightened my load (Matt. 11:29, 30.)   So when he was screaming at the top of his lungs last night, I was able to be patient.  It still wasn't enough.  He was still upset.  Then, he did the strangest thing.  He stop crying looked at me and said: "I want to pray the Rosary."  He climbed up in my bed and laid next to me and waited patiently for me to begin.  I started to pray and he calmly fell asleep with in ten minutes.  It is little sacred moments like this that I know He is there with me.   I have never felt so much peace.  I read the first chapter of Proverbs today the verse that struck me the most was:
Listen my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching.  they shall be a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck. Proverbs 1:8-9   
When I watched him sleep last night thoughts of what his future would be like ran through my head.  I thought of all of my hopes and dreams for him.  Oh, I hope he loves Him. I hope he is blessed and serves the Lord.  I hope he lives a long and fruitful life.  I hope he finds a wife that loves him and fears the Lord.  I hope he has the gift of many children to love him and take care of him when he is old. I hope and I pray...Hail Mary, full of grace...   

No comments: