Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

40 day devotional-Day 5


"If you remain in me and my words remain in you,
ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you.
By this is my Father glorified,that you bear much fruit and become my disciples.”


I have spoken, many, many times of how God is generous. If you fail, God has no testimony in you. Put your trust in Him and you will live a life of abundance. Here is the key...it must glorify Him, not you. Happiness can convert more people than Bible Quotes and intellect ever will. Others will look to you and want to know what you have. This is even more obvious in homes with challenges. I have a friend who has ten children. I only had one at the time (who was an easy baby) and I asked her "How do you do it?" she said: "God." I learned more from observing their family than I could have ever learned from reading child development or theology books. They lived their faith in a way that I have rarely seen in my 40 years. God has blessed them abundantly and they bless others with their lives. They were faith-filled, happy, and genuine. I strive every day to live my life in this manner. She probably did not even know how powerful of an influence she had on me. I began going to daily Mass and striving for a richer prayer life. I also began using NFP and opened myself to having four more children. That one person changed my life in an incredible way. Our lives should be fruitful and glorify God. I still look to her for good counsel and spiritual direction. Someday, maybe if I'm blessed, I can help someone else the way that she has helped me to be "fruitful."


Today's prayer: Lord, let my life bear witness through you in times of prosperity and challenge. Let me glorify you in all ways so my life may be a testimony. Help me to glorify you in my marriage, friendships, and most especially my children. That they may grow in faith and walk with You. Also, help me to evangelize to others with my special needs child. Let me help others to see that I can do everything through You. Lift me up with wings like eagles and carry me when I am weak. Amen.




No comments: