Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I took Landon to soccer today (you know this if you read my blog;). I sat in the car with the baby while he practiced. Hunter park was CRAZY busy. One of the many, many activities happening was a frisbee golf tournament. I know this because I was parked in front of their sign up table:(. On Landon's way back to the car he dropped his ball. There was a woman reading her Bible by the sign up table and she immediately jumped up and grabbed it for him. I don't even remember how the conversation started but all I know is today I heard the most powerful Christian witness story. It was unbelievable. The woman was battling cancer. She told me about the disease and how the cancer was : "allowed by God for her to grow in faith and trust in Him." She told me this week she had a meeting with all of her Doctors. She told them, "I want you to know two things about me. One...don't underestimate my will to live. Two...don't underestimate the power of my God!" They had just told her it was terminal. I held it together until I called Chris. Wow. So today, Thankful Thursday is dedicated to her and all women battling Cancer. Who teach us how to handle life "with the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child."

No comments: