Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

My top ten for copeing


Okay, I am reading TONS of posts about how stressful raising families with special needs kids is. What do you do to decompress? I can tell you what I do and when I DON'T do it my world falls apart. Here is my top 10:
1. Pray.
2. Exercise and spend time alone AWAY from family.
3. Make a date night with my spouse
4. Call a good girlfriend and have a good sob. Don't laugh...it works!
5. Get a hobby or something I am working on that gives me pleasure.
6. Make sure that the other kids get time alone too.
7. Keep the house and order and keep my routine. Special needs kids thrive on it!
8. Do not allow my kids to miss therapy. At all.
9. Have my Mom come over or call her daily. Enough said.
10. Read, read, read. Knowledge is power.

No comments: