Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Attachment Parenting




I am getting more lax as I get older with the kids. Something I SWORE I would not do! Anyway, with the older three we had a pretty steadfast rule of no sleeping with us. The only exception was when we had a newborn and I was breastfeeding. We had a co-sleeper and it was pretty convenient. Landon started crawling out of his crib around two. He would wander around upstairs and try and wake up his brothers and sisters. Not cool, since Chris and I function in a state of chronic sleep deprivation. We tried the twin bed in Alex's room but he would wake up in the middle of the night disoriented and terrified. Screaming. Loud. Very, very, loud. The other three would follow his lead. We would spend 30 minutes to and hour trying to console him (and his siblings) and get him back to bed. He wound up in bed with us. He's been there ever since. We have a nightly routine. He wants both of us to lay down with him and he goes RIGHT TO BED. We usually fall asleep before putting him in "his" bed upstairs. We both know that he will probably be our last baby so we are being indulgent. For now. Until then, I will have lots of cute pictures like these...




2 comments:

Gae said...

I have really enjoyed reading your past posts.
I had only had a brief look before our internet went out.
We have had children in and out of our bed 'forever'.
I often (as Stephen is away mostly) have the baby and then 1 or 2 others pop in. I then take them back or leave them depending how tired I am.
We too had a screamer and it was easier to let her stay than take her back
Looking forward to getting to know you
God Bless

Unknown said...

Looking forward to getting to know you too. I went to your blog yesterday. What a beautiful familt. You are so blessed to have so many children!