Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Finding God in Autism


The picture of Willow and I above is on her second birthday. It was the day I found out my daughter had Autism. The five years since this picture was taken have been such a journey. It is indescribable to those who are not walking this journey with me. This has been a rough week to say the least. I consider myself a patient person but ignorance, especially when directed towards my child, is intolerable. I am averting my gaze to God and trying to figure out His will for my family. In order to do that I have started reading this book. When there is never enough time or money to get anything done it would discourage Mother Theresa. Anyone who knows me knows I am NO SAINT. So I am really down. I came upon this quote: "I believe having a son or a daughter with special needs is a test of fire. Who are we going to turn to? What kind of sacrifices are we willing to make? How much is too high of a price for us to pay in helping our offspring? We need to be strong enough to remind our hearts that God is allowing what has happened to our children for a reason. And that reason has a huge eternal purpose." In case you had any doubts the answers are: God,I have no shame when it comes to my kids, and I will pay any price.

No comments: