Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Another Autism Tragedy


I was checking Elizabeth Foss' page today and saw this. A fourteen year old Autistic boy drowned. My heart is breaking because this could be me. This is the most isolating part of caring for an Autistic child. You can't go anywhere because you are afraid for your child's safety. You spend most of your time running around keeping them safe. No real time for visiting. I have just gotten to the point I am more happy at home. This is a link to her blog. They seem like an amazing family.

1 comment:

TheFiveDays said...

Just came to your blog via The Family Centered Life. I have a little guy (age 5) with autism and we are just starting to deal with the "eloping" issue. Scary stuff.

My heart aches for Ryan's family...there are no words for this.

And you are right...parents of typical kids have no idea what this is like...