Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Count your blessings...


We had an amazing Sunday. Chris' youngest brother Patrick (AKA Patti) blessed us with his company at Mass. The kids were amazing and I actually had TWO people to help me at Mass. I dare say he was almost more helpful than Chris! Father's homily was about counting your blessings and having an "attitude of gratitude" today I really did. Pat is Chris' best friend, another blessing in itself, but we rarely get to worship together anymore. That didn't used to be the case. I miss our family being together every Sunday. We used to take up an entire pew! Afterwards we would go to Mom and Dad Schiffli's for lunch. We spent the rest of the day just hanging out and visiting. That is the part I miss the most. We have all grown up and have either moved on or have different schedules that prevent us from being together. With five kids, it is difficult to get everyone together all at the same time. Today was the closest we've come to those early days together. We met Chris' other brother Andy and his family at Mom and Dad Schiffli's and ate (way,way too much) and just hung out most of the day. The kids had such a blast. I am so thankful that Pat took the time from his day to give us that. It was such a gift.

2 comments:

Janine Donovan said...

Who is this cute little baby? Have you gone and had another one?? I miss you!!

Janine

Unknown said...

No, is is my sweet Landon. I haven't had another but I have "babyitis" so bad. I wish we weren't so broke...I'd have another one! Maybe I will anyway!