Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

40 days update


There have been so many prayers answered I can't even begin to put them in one blog. I am thinking of making a journal and posting it. Willow is doing so much better. My relationship with my husband is amazing right now. He is definitely taking his role of spiritual leader in this family seriously. My prayer life hasn't been this strong since before I left Florida. I am only on day 14. I can't imagine how many more miracles God is going to work before the end of my 40 days! My devotionals every day consist of: Morning offering, Rosary, The Litany of the Saints, and AT LEAST 30 minutes of reading the Bible. I am also trying to stop by for Adoration as frequenly as I can even if it is just a few minutes. We read Finding God in Autism in the evening and finish with reading scripture (usually again). We go up to Willow's room after she is sleeping and lay hands on her and pray. I am trying to follow the requests of Our Lady Queen of Peace and I am fasting on Wednesdays and Fridays too. She states that the weapons against the Enemy are: Prayer, Fasting, Confession, Daily reading of the Bible, and Holy Mass. I am also reading Come Be My Light by Bl. Mother Theresa of Calcutta. Through my readings and my prayer life I have discerned that I should start focusing on the neglected: the elderly, the disabled, and the sick. I feel that the most important thing that you can spend on people is time. There are many ministries that focus on the poor but a phone call and stopping by is what most people need most. It's what I need. I am starting in my own backyard.

1 comment:

Janine Donovan said...

Tosh, I love to read your blog. I am proud to say that we have just attended the last 4 Sundays of Mass as a family. Yay!!! We have used the excuse of having a baby for too long. He's almost 22 months now! I am finding great peace in prayer too. I'm so glad we're getting back to Church. Hope is enrolled in her RE classes and I know that will help us keep on track. We just attended baptism classes for Cooper and would love if you could be Godmother. We would love it if you could be here and understand completely if you cannot. No worries, we are prepared to use a Proxy. In the meantime, would you mind attending the class with your parish and send me your paperwork?

Thanks so much, Loving and missing you tons!!

Janine