Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

First Communion

My daughter Willow will receive her First Holy Communion this month.  It would be impossible for me to express what this milestone means to our family.  I have spent most of her eight years on earth on my knees.   She has blessed me so much.  I know that God sent her to me for my salvation.  I have been so busy preparing that blogging has fallen to the bottom of my "to do" list.  My absence from the Internet does not mean my life is not bearing fruit.  In fact, it has been the opposite.  For the first time in my life, I feel like I am living exactly how the Lord wants me to.  Which is totally open to his will.  That is not to say that I do not struggle daily with my responsibilities.  I have just figured out that if I put God first life goes much smoother.  My husband and I have lived through the past 15 years of trials and we are still standing.  I am doing alot of purging right now.  I am getting rid of the emotional, physical, and spiritual clutter in my life.  It is taking awhile.  This "new growth" has not come without a substantial amount of pain.  I feel like a rosebush that has been cut back severely, in order to bloom more beautifully.  The cutting hurt.  I went through infertility, sickness, financial problems, and Willow's Autism diagnosis just to name just a few.  Right now, I feel like I am blooming.  Psalm 1:3 says: 
But his delight is in the law of the Lord and in his law doth he meditate day and night.  He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers.

I am planted  firmly by my Willow and we are drinking from that stream.  Our family is bearing fruit and prospering.  I am so, so grateful.  Thank you Lord, for my Willow who helped me grow by You. 

1 comment:

Happy Appy said...

Awww!! Congratulations, Willow! We also look forward to Emily's confirmation in about 4 years. Our pastor has indicated such willingness to help her succeed, even though we know the hand of God is already on her heart.

Your Bible verse brought to mind an old favorite by Kim Hill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0DVrTk80Ps&feature=PlayList&p=67F7161EBC61F6E1&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=10

((hugs)) Have a blessed week!

Becky