Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 35-God's Blessings


He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children. Praise the LORD! 
Psalms 113:9


Yes, he does.  I was just remembering the other day how badly I wanted children.  I have run across so many quotes in scripture about the blessing of children and bringing them up to love the Lord.  I don't know how people just don't want a dozen of them.  I would love it.  My children are all at an age where all of our "training" is bearing fruit and I love spending time educating them in their faith.  I just about have all of their homeschool curriculum and I am SO EXCITED!!!!  That being said, I have been spending less time on-line per my husbands request.  Sorry for the lack of updates but priorities, you know.  Things are still going great around here.  There is a beautiful rhythm in our home now which I LOVE.  I have continued with my Proverbs study.  I think it is one of the best things I have done spiritually for myself in a long, long time.  I pray before I open my Bible and ask God to bless me with Wisdom through his word.  I also pray for Him to answer specific things that are weighing on my heart.  It is blessing me in a profound way.  I am planning on continuing this throughout my life and teaching the kids my favorite passages.  Alex, especially, has been open to learning scripture and I want to foster that.   I believe scripture meditation and memorization are essential to having a strong spiritual life.  I found these great scripture cards for the kids at Bibliomania.  We have been going over them a little at dinner.  One of the first ones I opened was this favorite scripture of mine: 
Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, on your own intelligence rely not; In all of your ways be mindful of him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3: 5, 6.
Hope your day is blessed:-)

No comments: