Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Joy comes in the morning

Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning.  Psalm 30:5
For years, I have been praying about how I could pack everything I wanted to into my day.  I read every book I could get my hands on about managing my home.  Fly Lady, Managers of their homes, Motivated Moms...you get the point.  Read them all.  Every.  Single.  One.  I would do good for a while but ultimately it was a total failure it did not work for my hectic household.  I found Godly council in many of those books but none were written for an Orthodox Catholic Homeschooling/ Public School family with kids on the Autism spectrum with an ADD Mom and an OCD Dad (who is going crazy in this mess).  Does such a book exist?  If it does...could someone please tell me where I could get it?  Landon started coming downstairs between four and five am and crawling into bed with us about a month ago.  He kicks and turns like Bruce Lee.  It took me five minutes to get out of bed.  This rude awakening turned into an epiphany of sorts.  There really isn't much to do around here at four am.  So I started my day with prayer and scripture.  Then I noticed the dishes...and I could throw in some laundry...and I could go for a quick walk on the treadmill.  By seven o'clock in the morning I was ready and prepared to start my day.  My body started waking me up early and I was wide awake by five.  I have already lost 18 pounds!  The lesson here is I was looking to others for inspiration and what I needed was to go to the source for answers.  God gave me the answer to my prayers in the early hours of the morning.  All I had to do was meet him there.

1 comment:

JulieJAJN said...

I'm a Catholic wife & mom of 2 girls (ages 6 & 8) with special needs (sensory integration/auditory & visual processing issues, dyspraxia, hypotonia, & working memory issues). Thank you for your post about morning joy. I try to wake up 1-2 hours before everyone to pray, journal, do some quiet housework, plan my day, listen to a motivational/reflectional podcast, etc. It's amazing what a blessing those 2 quiet hours are. The day runs so much smoother if I start the day off this way. Unfortunately I've forgotten about this over the past week & opted to stay in bed. Thanks for the reminder about the peacefulness that the early morning can bring.

Julie