Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

End of 40 Days

Over 40 days ago my friend Jennifer Sartorius encouraged me to do a "40 day novena" for Willow and our family. I responded that I needed something tangible. I did not want to pray to a Saint (although I do regularly). I wanted needed "God's hands and feet."  I needed help!  We were struggling to meet our most basic needs and feeling very neglected and broken. Willow was spreading feces over her room on a daily basis and was in a plateau with her speech.  We literally had sacrificed everything and I was just dispondent with where she was at.  I literally had no help and was overwhelmed with the BASIC CARE of our children.  I sat on her request for two weeks.  I had resigned myself to the fact that this was just the way it was.  This was my life.  Then, while looking through my bookshelf, I found it. I picked up the book and knew that it was the one. I found Finding God in Autism: a forty day devotional for parents.  I called my friend and we both decided that it was the one we were supposed to do.  We read scripture everyday, carved out prayer time (along with some family members), and I prayed over my daughter for complete healing.  Two days into it my friend came to me with another request.  Chris should do it with me and if he did "God would work miracles...all he has to do is ask."  Well, God did work miracles.  Chris was completely devoted.  He never missed a day.  He developed a life long habit and I can feel it's difference in our marriage.  He has taken his rightful place as the "head of the household" and spiritual leader.  God put people (thank you Eddye and my amazing friends) and ministries in my life to help us get through.  Willow is doing amazing.  Her progress is phenominal and the people at Tulsa Sunshine Center have been so good to our family.  Chris is interveiwing for a new job and we are both so grateful for the great opportunities (thank you, Patti and Janna) and are looking forward to the future.  I haven't felt this much peace in so long.  We are experiencing our family's version of normal.  For the first time, in a long time, we have stability and hope.  It is a process and it is going to just take time and patience but I know we can make it through.  In the last month, God has shown us miracle after miracle.  We literally were short over $2000 dollars at one point and recieved in the mail checks from random sources to cover it.  I found a flexable job.  Willow quit doing "potty play time" the FIRST DAY of our devotioal and has never done it since.  God is shaping us and we are learing how we can evangelize through our family and our perserverence.  We are helping others.  We are blessed beyond belief.  Thank you, God.      

2 comments:

Kathy Medina said...

I am so proud of you Tish! I have been praying for you, Willow and your beautiful family. I am the author of Finding God In Austim, and someone, somewhere put me onto your blog about 3 weeks ago.

I know the road that you are on, all to well. And God is faithful and Good. Our kids may have far to go but where they have come from has been no small feat. One miracle at a time and give God the glory all along the way.

If I don't ever get to meet you this side of heaven, I surely will give you hug beyond those pearly gates someday. Keep up the great work raising your family and supporting your husband. You will be richly rewarded and a blessed woman.

Encourage another mom along the way. Stay in God's word, and push through everytime it gets tough. Our prayers are heard by our Almightly and loving God.

You are a blessing, Kathy Medina
http://www.findinggodinautism.com

Janine said...

Tosha,
This is living proof that the Holy Spirit is with you! To be united with the author of this book is nothing short of God's angels watching over you and your family. I am glowing for you!!

God Bless,
Janine