Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weekend Getaway

This weekend Chris and I packed up the kids and headed to AK. Chris' parents bid and won on a silent auction for a weekend stay at a cabin on Greer's Ferry Lake. The home is owned by one of the parishioners in our church. Great family. We said yes to an opportunity to get away. Anything to get out of housework. We are slow learners or stubborn one of the two. Usually our trips are a fiasco and end in disaster. Traveling with four children is difficult...but when one is Autistic, one has profound ADHD and anxiety issues, and you are traveling with a toddler...well, you asked for it. I have to say it was better than we expected. Only the first night was a disaster. Willow pucked 4 times and none of the kids got to bed before midnight. Today, I found out all of the kids had strep and that is why she was sick. But hey, lets keep a positive spin on it! Chris' parents came with us. Back up! We were at the lake all day. Everyone wanted to leave at lunch and come back later but I stuck to my guns. I am glad I did. Outings are so rare for us. The kids had such an amazing time. That night, the kids went to bed at 9:30. We actually had 8 hours of sleep for the first time in...? We went to lunch with his parents mid-day and set out for home. We took a side adventure that the kids will never forget. We stopped at Wiedeker Winery in Altus AK. It is the same spot that Chris proposed to me. He took me up to the tower and said; "I want you to to be the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning and the last thing I see when I go to bed at night for the rest of my life. Will you marry me Tosha?" I said yes, and he put the ring on and fireworks exploded in the distence. I started crying and asked him how he did the fireworks. He said "I didn't!" Pure coincidence. Pure God. The kids have heard the story a million times. They were so excited climbing the steps of the tower. I can't wait for our next adventure. People don't know what they are missing. Without the hardships and the chaos I don't think that we would appriciate those moments as much. We take advantage of everything we can. I think we had the most fun out of everyone.

No comments: