Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Laying the Rails

I am reading a new book called Laying the Rails that about forming habits in children. I wish I would have read it BEFORE my kids were born. Sonya Shafer a Homeschool mother of four (her youngest is Autistic) lays the plan to develop habits in children. I can't say enough about this book! We are starting new chore habits this week. Sonya advises that teaching a child to do anything is a five step process:

1. Watch - The child watches you do the skill. 2. Help - The child helps you do the skill. 3. Work side-by-side - The child works with you as you do the skill together. 4. Do - The child does the skill while you watch. 5. Inspect - The child does the skill alone, then you inspect the work.
The first person I am starting with is Willow! Pray for me!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: