Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Blessings

Words cannot describe the peace and contentment I feel at this point in my life. Last semester, I almost dropped out of college. The class times were in the middle of our already hectic mornings, I was the ONLY PERSON in my ITV classes, and the only alternative at the end of my semester was a two hour per day commute. To top it off the kids and I took turns getting sick all semester. It was awful. The head of the Department suggested that maybe now wasn't a good time for me. My Anatomy professor listened as I told him all the reasons why I was quitting. He sat there for a second and said: "Tosha, do you know when the best time to plant a tree is?" I answered honestly and stated: "No." "Twenty years ago." was his reply. We talked a little while longer and he advised me that it was always better to stay the course. That he knew it was hectic with my young family but things would get easier. He reminded me that if I stayed in school that I would be graduating around the time my son started Kindergarten. Perfect timing? I really thought everything was telling me otherwise. I put it in Gods hands and here I am. I switched schools (Go, Pokes!) and the class schedule is perfect. Love my teachers, love my classes, and I am just a couple of semesters away from fulfilling a life long dream of getting an advanced degree. None of this would have been possible if my Prof wouldn't have gone the extra mile to encourage me. What would have happened if he wouldn't have bothered? Which leads me to my point. We all have the ability to go the extra mile for others. I am sure it was just a day at the office for my professor..but it changed the course of my life. The scripture of the day is "Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men." Colossians 3:23.

No comments: