Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Priorities

This fall I have been a real glutton for punishment. Rather than airing my dirty laundry, I think the most important thing for me to note is that a lack of priorities has led me to this place. I quit praying the rosary, reading my Bible, going to my prayer group, daily Mass, and sought to educate and work outside my home in order to "better myself." It only took a nervous break down for me to see you can't serve God and the world. Over the years, I have watched friends and family fall prey to the modern mentality of financial security over the traditional family. I have watched over and over as women went outside of the home, even in older years, the family started to disenigrate. It is extremely difficult to differentiate in our materialistic society between wants and needs! My husband and I live in a very priveledged area in order to provide our Autistic daughter with an education we could not otherwise be able to provide. This semester, I decided to go back to school in order to eventually supplement my husbands income. It seems like an admirable goal. But all of the extra time that I should have been spending nurturing myself and my family I was studying. Then, it dawned on me it will never be any better after I start working! I have no idea how we are going to pay our bills but all I know is I am not going back next semester. Right now I am going to spend the Holiday season thanking God for my blessings and using Advent, Christmas, and epiphany to put God first in my life.

No comments: