Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Magical Season


I had one of the most magical days of my life. It started out rushed but all's well that ends well. Chris and Krystiana surprised me with tickets to The Nutcracker. I took my daughter on an impromptu shopping spree and we dressed up for the show! Watching her during the show was one of the most powerful parenting experiences I have ever felt. The awe on her face when watching the dancers for the first time was so wonderful. I can't remember what it was like when I could actually imagine the story really could happen. A child's imagination and innocence is one of Gods greatest gifts. Imagination has created masterpieces of all forms: art, music, architecture, books, the list could go on forever. Watching her face yesterday, I am more dedicated than ever to foster that childlike wonder and creativity as long as I can. Once that innocence is gone you cannot get it back. That is why Chris and I are such advocates of limiting children's exposure to adult content in TV, music, and conversation. Let children be an inspiration to adults. The Bible says we must be "like a child" in order to enter the kingdom. Let's remember that this Christmas season and let the Christ child lead us.

No comments: