Search This Blog

Pinteresting

Follow Me on Pinterest

Catholic Mothers Online

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Let the children come unto me...


It never ceases to amaze me how God blesses me through the faith of my children. I have been struggling with what to do with Willow for her First Communion for a very long time. It has challenged me and I have prayed for several years about what God wants me to do. I take the spiritual and moral formation of my children very seriously (Matt 18:6). Willow does not have the mental capability to commit sin. She does not have a malicious bone in her body. She is serene, kind, and beautiful. Pure. Still fresh from God. So how do you educate her in a sacramentally based church? Well, the answer is to have an amazing faith community that knows your family and understands their needs. Last week, Father Joe called me to assure me that they would work with Willow. He said they would do everything that they could to help my daughter experience the sacraments at her level. He "met us where we are at" like Christ meets us daily. Today, I received a second phone call from Carol Bryan the director of Religious Education for the Church of Saint Benedict. She spoke with Fr. Joe and they decided that it would be better for Willow to have her own celebration. She would be surrounded by friends and family in a familiar, quiet environment. I couldn't ask for more. I can't wait to see my daughter smiling in her First Communion "Princess" gown. Our family will be able to experience this special tradition together. I will be surrounded by our closest friends and family who don't mind if I cry through the whole thing. Pack your tissues!!!

No comments: